Borough Employment Opportunities
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES BOROUGH OF AMBRIDGE
Ambridge Borough - Non-Discrimination Notice
The Borough of Ambridge is an Equal Employment Employer and does not discriminate against any person in recruitment, selection for employment, training, promotion, retention, discipline, benefits, and conditions of work. or any other aspect of personnel administration because of political or religious opinions or affiliations or because of race, sex, national origin, or other non-job-related factors. In addition, the Borough does not discriminate because of age or physical disability unless specific age limits or physical abilities constitute genuine job requirements. To administer employment and advancement opportunities to all persons, The Borough of Ambridge’s employment decisions are based on an individual’s performance, qualifications, and abilities. The Borough of Ambridge does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Borough will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with known disabilities.
The Borough of Ambridge ensures that it does not discriminate in its hiring including persons who are deaf, hard of hearing, or blind, or who have other sensory, or mobility impairments as required by Section 504. Access features may include but are not limited to:
• Convenient off-street parking designated specifically for disabled persons.
• Curb cuts and ramps between parking areas and buildings.
• Level access into first floor level with elevator access to all other floors.
• Fully accessible municipal offices, meeting rooms, and bathrooms
• Depending upon individual needs, a range of assistive and communication aids can be provided to employees who are deaf, hard of hearing, or blind, or with other sensory impairments. These aids may include but are not limited to access to Communication Access Realtime Translation (CART) services for the hearing impaired, and accommodations for visually impaired employees including keyboard adjustments, computer changes, floorspace adjustments, workplace labeling and work-from-home alternatives.