AMBRIDGE FIRE DEPARTMENT
The Ambridge Fire Department is dedicated to the preservation of life and property and to the promotion of fire safety through public education, inspections and fire code enforcement.
More than just a mission statement, AFD is committed to achieving the above goals through rigorous training, state-of-the-art technology and a focus on excellence in all that we do. These efforts produce many positive results, including an ISO Class 3 insurance declaration and a reputation of skilled and compassionate service.
The AFD is a combination department, composed of both a career staff employed by the Borough of Ambridge and a Volunteer Fire Department operating as one department. The career firefighters include the Fire Chief, Assistant Fire Chief and a full and part-time driver. Volunteers provide various roles within the organization including fire suppression, support, fire police and administrative duties.
Equipment of the Ambridge Fire Department include a 100’ aerial ladder truck, 55’ snorkel unit, two heavy attack pumpers, a rescue boat, decontamination unit, and two squad units.
Applications are now being accepted for the position of Non-Civil Service Part-Time Firefighter/Code Enforcement Officer.
Applications for this position can be obtained from the Borough Administration Office in Ambridge 600 11th Street Ambridge, PA between 8:00am and 3:00pm Monday through Friday. All previous applications and eligibility lists are void.
Firefighter/ Code Enforcement Officer Responsibilities:
Perform firefighting work, including preventing, combating and extinguishing fires to protect lives, property and the environment.
Participate in training, classes and drills in firefighting, disaster response and specialized rescue.
Perform various aspects of Code Enforcement work including but not limited to, Property Maintenance inspections, Fire Safety Inspections, and mitigate various nuisance complaints.
- Must pass a written exam to be held at the Ambridge FD, with a score of 70% or better.
- Must pass a Physical Agility Test, followed by an Oral Interview both held at Ambridge FD.
- Must reside within 15 air miles of the Ambridge Fire Department and must remain a resident in the approved area during the tenure of employment.
- Must have the ability to work various daylight and overnight shifts during the week and weekends.
- Firefighter 1 Certification (Firefighter 2 preferred)
- Firefighter 2 must be obtained within one year from date of hire.
- Hazardous Materials Operations Refresher (Current)
- EVOC or Emergency Vehicle Driver Training Course
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License
- Minimum age of 21 at the time of application
- Basic Computer skills and knowledge with using Microsoft Office, and Google Apps
- Must have 5 years of firefighting experience with a written verification from your Fire Chief.
*ALL ABOVE INFORMATION MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH APPLICATION*
**Please provide email address on Application. All test date announcements will be sent via email to candidates that have met the minimum qualifications. **
A testing fee may apply.